Malaya Midwifery offers comprehensive, evidence based, and traditional midwifery care. We use the Midwifery Model of Care as it supports pregnancy and birth as normal life processes. We take the time during each visit to provide families with the current research as tools to make informed decisions. Through collaboration with the midwife, you and your family can envision your birth while being compassionately supported in your choices.
If risk factor arise in your pregnancy, birth, or postpartum period it is the midwife’s priority to offer education and your options to help reduce complications.
Each pregnancy is different and we will offer you personalized care at each appointment to encourage healthy pregnancy .
In the prenatal period, a trusting relationship is built between the family and the midwife. Families are able to integrate the education and resources provided during care to make informed choices. We believe parents who are given the opportunity to take an active role in birthing choices strengthens confidence in their ability to parent in all stages.
- 0-28 weeks: Monthly
- 28-36 weeks: Bi-monthly
- 36 weeks until birth: Weekly
Prenatal appointments are typically 45 minutes to an hour. Included in your care is Standard OB/ prenatal panel, prenatal lab work including Gestational Diabetes Screening, and GBS testing. It is our goal to promote wellness, education, and quality care.
Labor and Birth Care
Enjoy the freedom to labor embodied in your own intuition with a skilled provider attentively supporting you. Home birth, water birth, or land birth – you have the freedom to choose in the moment. Since you have received comprehensive prenatal care, you can let go and focus on birth.
During your labor, we will check in during each stage, then join you in your home when you have reached active labor. When we arrive, we will:
- Monitor the transition of you and the baby, to ensure you are safe and healthy.
- Guide you and offer support for the emotional stages of labor
- Support you through birth of your child and the delivery of your placenta
In the immediate postpartum period, we will:
- Remain by your side for average of 4 hours
- Monitor the transition of you and baby to ensure you are safe and healthy
- Encourage family bonding
- Provide lactation support to promote successful breast/chest feeding relationship
- Perform a full newborn exam
- Clean up your home. We want you to eat, rest, and heal. We aim to leave no trace .
Postpartum Care Visits
All visits are to assess wellness for the birthing parent and the baby. We want to encourage healing, bonding, and provide support for a successful chest/ breastfeeding relationship.
- 1 week postpartum: 2 visits in your home. We want to ensure you are able to rest for optimal recovery, normalize postpartum healing, and be ready to offer resources where extra help may be desired.
- 2 weeks postpartum – You return to the office,
- 4 weeks is an optional visit
- 6 weeks we discuss family planning options this appointment concludes care.
If you need us in between those appointments we are on call and always there for you.
In addition to our standard services, we also provide Placenta Encapsulation and Belly Binding as additional services (contact us for pricing).
Well Person Care
It’s important to take care of your health and we strive to make these appointments engaging and empowering. We offer Full Service Well Person care, including Pap smear, Pelvic exams, Breast Exams, STD screenings and blood work.
Family Planning *Coming Soon*
Intrauterine Insemination (IUI)
Malaya Midwifery offers , awesome childbirth education class to help you understand what to expect. Covering the physical and emotional stages of labor, we aim to help ease the fear surrounding childbirth. We will cover the physical and emotional stages of labor, how to create rituals during birth (comfort measures), and the basics of postpartum recovery and breastfeeding. We provide evidence-based information. Our classes are affordable and offered bi-monthly
Check out Placenta Benefits Info for information on everything the placenta has to offer. We prepare your placenta as in pill, tincture, and artistic print.