Malaya Midwifery offers comprehensive, evidence based, and traditional midwifery care. We use the Midwifery Model of Care as it supports pregnancy and birth as normal life processes. We take the time during each visit to provide families with the current research and tools to make informed decisions. Through collaboration with the midwife, you and your family can envision your birth while being compassionately supported in your choices.
If risk factor arise in your pregnancy, birth, or postpartum period it is the midwife’s priority to offer education and your options to help reduce complications.
Each pregnancy is different and we will offer you personalized care at each appointment to promote healthy pregnancy .
In the prenatal period, a trusting relationship is built between the family and the midwife. Families are able to integrate the education and resources provided during care to make informed choices. We believe parents who are given the opportunity to take an active role in birthing choices strengthens confidence in their ability to parent in all stages.
- 0-28 weeks: Monthly
- 28-36 weeks: Bi-monthly
- 36 weeks until birth: Weekly
Prenatal appointments are typically 45 minutes to an hour. It is our priority to provide individualized holistic options, education, and clinical assessments at each appointment.
Labor and Birth Care
Enjoy the freedom to labor embodied in your own intuition with a skilled provider attentively supporting you. Home birth, water birth, or land birth – you have the freedom to choose in the moment. With confidence in the comprehensive prenatal care you received from our team, you can let go and focus on birth.
During your labor, your midwife will join you in your home when you have reached active labor. When we arrive, we will:
- Monitor the transition of you and the baby, to ensure you are safe and healthy.
- Guide you and offer support for the emotional stages of labor
- Support you through birth of your child and the delivery of your placenta
In the immediate postpartum period, we will:
- Remain by your side for average of 4 hours
- Monitor the transition of you and baby to ensure you are both safe and healthy
- Encourage family bonding
- Provide lactation support to promote successful breast/chest feeding relationship
- Perform a full newborn exam
- Clean up your home. We want you to eat, rest, and heal. We aim to leave no trace .
Postpartum Care Visits
All visits are to assess wellness for the birthing parent and the baby. The postpartum period is a sensitive time . The midwife is there to provide in person support for you and your family.
- Your first week postpartum: The midwife will provide 2 visits home visits. We want to ensure you are able to rest for optimal recovery, normalize postpartum healing, provide lactation support and be ready to offer resources.
- 2 weeks postpartum – There is a office visit
- 4 weeks is an optional visit. If you are needing extra support you can schedule an appointment with the midwife
- 6 weeks There is an office visit. This is the final check up on the birthing parent and baby. The topic of education is family planning options. This appointment concludes care.
If you need immediate support from birth to 6 week there is a midwife on call.
In addition to our standard services, we also provide Placenta Encapsulation and Belly Binding as additional services (contact us for pricing).
Well Person Care
It’s important to take care of your health and we strive to make these appointments engaging and empowering. We offer Full Service Well Person care, including Pap smear, Pelvic exams, Breast Exams, STD screenings and blood work.
The midwife can schedule 1.5 hour appointment with you to offer preconception counseling.
Intrauterine Insemination (IUI): Midwife provides IUI services in your home or in the office. We are currently servicing clients with washed sperm from the crypto bank.
Check out Placenta Benefits Info for information on everything the placenta has to offer. We prepare your placenta as in pill, tincture, and artistic print.